- 1 cactus pad, cleaned and cut into ¼ inch strips or
- 1/3 cup already cleaned & chopped cactus (Available in our refrigerated display)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped tomato
- ¼ cup canola or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 package of corn or flour tortillas
- Cook the cactus in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Sautee the onion in the oil until it is translucent.
- Add the tomato and cactus.
- Pour in the eggs and scramble, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas and garnish with cilantro.
- Chopped ham
- Pete’s Fruit Market Pico de Gallo Salsa